Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Brush Yo Teeth

When I was a child, I wasn't brought up with the habit of making sure I brushed my teeth every morning and night. Because of that, as I grew up, I began developing one cavity after another, thus having to visit the dentist for a filling multiple tines, aside from the occasional cleaning.

When I was 20, I had no dental coverage and had to be super conscious of the state of my teeth, especially since that a few holes with decay in them were already forming due to neglect on my part. It was especially important that I took good care of my teeth since I was working a graveyard shift that required the occasional snack or two just to keep my energy up and to make the late nights more bearable.

Well... Old habits sure do due hard, don't they?

Now here I am, 21 years old and I can honestly say that i have had to visit the dentists office 10 times already this year and half of 2014 isn't even finished. I have had 3 wisdom teeth pulled, 1 root canal, 1 tooth filling, 2 crowns made and I'm about to get my third crown in May, and also in May, I'm going to get another took extracted just because it doesn't have an opposing tooth under it and I don't want a tooth implant.

And all that work, except the wisdom tooth extractions, is just the work done on the top row. They've just begun work on the bottom jaw with my third crown.

Speaking of crowns, they're really expensive xD. Even with dental coverage,  I had to pay about $250 for my last two crowns each, not included the appointment fee. But recently they bumped up the price, so with my third crown, I had to fork over $300 plus he office fee. So glad a bit of my tax return came in lol.

I'm just glad to be having all this work done now. Who knows what state my teeth would have been in the long run if I didn't. But this ordeal has made me more conscious of the state of my teeth and I'm starting to pick up the habit of brushing them more often. 

So, lesson here is to pick up that toothbrush as often as you can. Your teeth AND your wallet will thank you in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment