Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

First things first

Ey! Aoiyo here. Thought I'd give blogspot a go since I haven't been active on Youtube for a while and I've no motivation to steal my sister's digital camera to make an update video. :P

As I (might've) explained, the past many months that I have spent un-active (however you spell that) on youtube was due to some technical difficulties with the computer that I used to use to record gameplay footage. I do still have "Just Dance 2" but I decide to hold off on that project because I didn't want to flood your subscribers box with video of Satan and I dancing horribly.

If anyone is curious about what happened with the computer, it was some error with the start-up file. From what I've researched, it's common among Windows-HP. I tried all I can to fix the thing, even brought it in to get it checked. I could get it formatted and just re-install the recording program again and go about recording like before but I was told that the corrupted file would come crawling back and I would have to pay again to get it formatted. Rinse and repeat.

So my brother and I decided to just trash our (7-8 year-old) computer and get a new one. Few more months later, I saved up enough to buy a brand new computer and I week later, I ordered a new capture card because I lost the installation disk. Yesterday, I tried to install it but it was made almost impossible due to my laptop being a Windows-7. I searched online for drivers that are compatible with my operating system and I did, but something went wrong. When I tested it out, visuals are alright but no audio no matter how much I toggle with the options.

So I decided to go with another recorder, which I am saving up for now. It's one of those dazzle thingies. If and when I do get it, video quality might improve. If not or if it improves only by a little, then at least I'll have something that's compatible with my operating system.

.....

Okay, it's getting a little hard to type out all these technical issues with the distractions in my room right now. XD Curse you King of the Hill.

So the purpose of blogspot is so that I can explain issues like the one I've been having with recording. I might also do a bit blogging but for all I know that's just going to be gaming related. Like for example, Team Fortress 2, one of my all time favorite games for the PC is now free to play. Anyone and everyone who is reading this and don't know what the game is, I recommend checking it out.

Oh, one more thing before I end this post. Satan and I began a steam group a while ago called "The Upgraded Idiots." It's for anyone interested in playing online us. I'm working on trying to get my own server but that'll be on the shelf until I can figure out the payment method. For now, when I get around to it, I'll just post up other servers that we frequent.

Alrighty, I think that's about it. Okay, Laterz.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, can't wait to see you in TF2, hopefully hackers don't destroy it soon, with it being F2P and all....

    ReplyDelete